IT specialist in the company
Nowadays IT became so popular that it does not scare the Everyman away. The general use hardware and software manufacturers such as mobile phones, popular operating systems or office packages are trying their best to significantly simplify the IT equipment use. A series of advanced settings in the application is replaced by a few switches. The above unification brings the desired effect, however, changing one certain parameter changes a series of setting incomprehensible to a regular user. The question is if such approach is appropriate in the context of the IT specialist in the company. Such a person should definitely have a larger technical clue than a regular user. They should be aware of the essence of respective parameters during the IT infrastructure configuration. Server, computer network or workstation deployment is connected with a series of settings that have to be done in order to properly configure the system. It often happens that the respective parameters correlate with each other so the change of some values influences the others. Proper understanding certain settings is a crucial characteristic of a good IT specialist. Such a person should have a wide knowledge on several areas like servers, computer networks, software or workstations. In practice such people who have such broad knowledge in any area are rarely found. That is why a company IT department hires people of various specialities who have specialized knowledge in their field. Among the most common specializations are:
- Server administrator – among their responsibilities lies company server administration in terms of both physical and virtual machines, as well as server software management like Windows Server or Linux. The administrator should take care of the continuous IT server system operation and the specialized software installed on the servers such as databases and ERP or WMS systems. Among the administrator's duties are also the preparation and verification of backup and data archiving.
- Computer network administrator – among their duties is taking care of the company's computer network. The administrator manages the network access, configures switches, routers, and WiFi wireless networks. The computer network administrator should also create the network access policy including the password policy.
- IT security administrator – such a person should take care of the company IT system security as a whole. They should create the IT security policy including the work continuity policy. The IT security administrator should be the Disaster Recovery Plan cocreator.
- End-user support – helpdesk. Such a person should support the company IT system users in day-to-day problem solving in the workstations.
- Analyst. Such a person is responsible for the IT system and software optimization in the company in terms of the business processes taking place in the company.
- Software developer. A person responsible for the new company software development.
Our company provides IT services for businesses. We hire specialists from different IT fields so that we can offer you high-level IT products and services. Our specialists can design and construct any IT system or software matching your needs.